4 December 2013

Taking a punt

I enjoy a small flutter on the football, nothing extravagant or frivolous, just pick 4 or 5 matches and do a small fourfold or fivefold, never winning a fortune. Now I pride myself on my knowledge of the game and keep a keen eye on the ups and downs of the Premiership, Championship and the Football League.
Fleetwood at home to Dagenham?
So how come its so bloody difficult to successfully pick a handful of games and be correct on all of them?

Take last weekend for example. Yeovil, West Country bumpkins and bottom of the Championship taking on Watford who are challenging for the play offs. You'd think that Watford, being at home, would no have trouble sticking enough goals past the basement dwellers to secure the win and three points. No bloody chance. For some inexplicable reason Zolas Hertfordshire lightweights managed to ship three goals and lose convincingly.
Turn right only

And that seems to repeat itself every week. Only once this season have I had a return! But like any good gambler I'll be making my picks again this weekend ready to pass over another fiver to the coffers of a bookamaker.
Its in the bag


No comments:

Post a Comment