1 January 2012

Early Days

An interesting Hobbit once said...


'I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve'


...and he may even have been right.


I'm fucked if I know what that means but it seems a decently cryptic way of kicking off 2012 and the blog I've been threatening myself with for a while. Most blogs I've bothered to read seem to be rambling monologues dedicated to the self  and I expect mine will turn out be much the same. Anyway here goes...

New Years Eve went well. Shaz (the wife) managed to drop a newly opened Tesco's dip selection all over the new kitchen floor and cupboards even before she'd had a drink. Then after that had been cleared up Bailey (the dog) threw up on the living room carpet. Not the most exhilarating last evening of the year I've ever had.

The Ladies Walk (link below) is going to need a fair bit of litter picking doing over the coming weeks. I filled a carrier bag full of rubbish very quickly and had to leave loads behind. Nice to see plenty of people out walking and enjoying the fresh air before the rains came this afternoon. 

The coming working week isn't too appealing. Up at 0300 on Tuesday for an 0401 start is the worst possible first day with another four seriously early starts to follow. So it'll be early to bed and very early to rise for me, keeping company with the others who get the country up and running each morning. 

The Ladies Walk







No comments:

Post a Comment